Sunday 4 January 2009

2009

Every blogger posted their summary for 2008 and new resolutions, so will I......

Looking back, I didnt have much post this last year, sometimes not even once a month. So, here I shall add some bits and that of what happened in a year. Perhaps, I can find my memories here, years later.


2008 is the year spend completely abroad, and just some holidays home. Its been a hard time for me for the big 1st half of the year. Nobody understand my harsh times, but yea.... I think it will be the last time I dropped my tears ....its all over now.

It begins with a countdown at Westminister, the bank of the London Thames river. There were few millions (this estimate is real cause it came out from reports) of people all gathered at that small area that night for new year countdown. The packed feeling, the worst I experience so far. I couldnt move, couldnt see, and it was drizzling. Thirsty, wet, soaky, and stuffy. London's population is definately much more crazy than KL. After that, we walked home and reach at about 5 am, imagine stucked there for 4 hours because of massive amount of people. I shall never go to such celebration again. Its nightmare....
" I'm not going, but you can go there and experience it once I guess. Once is enough....haha" said my cousin brother (2nd year UCL) at that time. Well, for shits... of course!!!!


Then, I had the 1st chinese new year celebration abroad, with friends. We make a super steamboat with all finest ingredients we can find, all the mushrooms, prawns, fish, mussels... roast duck, meat.. cost for the whole dinner goes up to 600 pounds for 20 over people, crazy. Then came the potong stim part. Because I remember it was a weekday (cny eve), our noise annoyed the neighbours. Those british people doesnt know what sort of crazy random party we r having and they complaint. And so, the securities of the hall asked us to stop the party immediately. !@#%%## I who always get annoyed by the British's random party became super dulan after that.

Another memorable thing I did in Imperial college is the participation in Malaysian Night. Its like a yearly culture event for Malaysians in UK. 2 nights of performance which budgeted up to 10000 pounds production. I was part of the dancers and dikir barat ( small role only). About 500 audiences showed up in 1 night, thats alot. Performing on stage is really a different feeling. I remembered we practiced like crazy for all the weekends and wednesdays. It took up about quarter of my free time in 1st year.

Time flies, and 2 term of studying in 1st year was over. Which means all the lectures of the 1st year is over... and all left? Revisions and exams and 1st year's done, so fast!! Now I knew studying time in uk is actually that little, only 20 weeks of lectures per academic year. Its about 19th of March when term ends, Easter holidays after that. I had a smashing birthday party this year, sadly 1st time experiencing that. Got eggs smashed on my head and cakes. For the previous years.... I had it normally....

During that time, before the change of winter to spring, London was extremely cold for 2 days. It snowed. So excited for the 1st snow seen in my life, so I just walked outside alone with an umbrella, others didnt care much. Lol. After that, I went back Malaysia for Easter holiday. Didnt study at all back home, just remember lots of mamaking, pooling and some shopping. The only special thing I did was caving in Gua Tempurung. Joanna and Ai Woon had to drive however...skillful. It was quite fun, just muddy and sandy. After that went to Ipoh for nice food, the chicken hor fun and ipoh white coffee. Really nice, missing these flavours now.

Then 2 months of exams period in London again. And I had my 1st guitar performance in the small concerts. It was during the very last of the exams period, so didnt practice well...Went clubbing for the 1st time after exams in London. Went to a place called Bournemouth too. The trip was quite costly, about 200 pounds for 3 days 2 nights. Not a high rated trip...

3 months of summer holidays in Malaysia. Expected alot of fun and things will change. Well things changed, but didnt have fun. Surprisingly, didnt go anywhere, except to go Gua tempurung again the 3rd day I arrived here, then Singapore. Went lots and lots of mamaking sessions. Work for the 1st time in life also, for near 1 month. Found that work is utterly boring and unchallenging. Maybe because I work as a computer servicer, my work is just going around checking computers. Die die also wont take work like this next time, although its easy. Ahh, I remembered the day trip to Melacca. Nice food, but hot hot day. Singapore, might be different; but to me, its just another KL. More organised in the transports, thats all. I prefer KL.
1 more comment bout Singapore, you may find teenagers are mostly girls. woo! Because all males kena NS ..hahahahaha.


Came back to London reluctantly because bunch of friends in Malaysia rocks! Everyday do basic chores, tutorials sometimes and cook. Hate life this way especially with all those shit happening that we need to solve. But in this way time past even faster than I think and 3 months got over again, which brought 2008 to an end. My year ended with the trip of the year... maybe best trip I had so far. A ski trip to France! All white snow for christmas, but not too enjoyable, very special.
Finally, guess what I did for new year's eve ? Sit down in a room, DotA... =.='''' , nobody got any special plans. Since I came here, my years count by the academic year I spend in UK, so the new year didnt really mean much to me already.

Resolutions??

1 simple one. Explore the world in 2009 and do more things in life!! No more regrets. And I must utilise my time more especially during summer.

3 comments:

-seokie- said...

Wah, your 2008 like seriously very happening lor, compared to my 2008. So many holidays in so many places. I only have 14 weeks of lectures per academic year. Sigh. I should be making my summer holidays more useful.

NTS said...

Im sure 2009 will be a more memorable n challegin time. Life onli colourful when it got up up n down down. =)

DrTofu said...

Hahahaha. Good year it seems. Can see ts...ts!!!!! y u no update ur blog?????!!!! And...vy, we'll be waiting as usual in msia for u to come back. n...hopefully i can go uk again this year sept =) if i go...haha. see la. mebe i go london again. Muahahahaha!!!