Monday 14 September 2009

Project 365


If you haven't heard about this you can click here.

I've got to try this, and see how free I can go to post a photo a day for 365 days. (hmm.. maybe its because I was too bored spending these few days in London with my auntie uncle and mom. Aih.. what to do?)

I shall edit this post to add the photos up, so in the end I can view the whole long list of nice memories! HOpefully 365 of them.

Its a great great day to start my project 365 with this:



Day 1. 12/9/2009

Paris!! I'm here the 1st time today after studying 2 years in London.


Day 2. 13/9/2009


In a hotel room with mum. I tried to recall the last time I was in a room with her? Primary school?
Felt very weird... but hey, when will be the next time I'll share a room singlely with her?


Day 3. 14/9/2009

At last I bought some mop and pail to clean our house.


Day 4. 15/9/2009

Did this.... And ended up caught in the rain. Grrr.






Day 5. 16/9/2009

Bye bye London! and hello KL again. Gosh, took plane 7th time this summer.



Day 6. 17/9/2009

Oh it felt like suddenly you lost 1 day in your life.

Day 7. 18/9/2009

Sat back at home staring in front of the computer all the time.


Day 8. 19/9/2009

Went to Jogoya for lunch first time ever!! I remembered last year we were nearly there when zk  and aiwoon was around. But, she hated it so much....


Day 9. 20/9/2009

Went to the pasar malam first time in year 2009 ? Yes I think so, after 3 months I was back from summer.


Day 10. 21/9/2009

Went to IKEA. Its pronounced as .. eyekea... not ek-kea by the many other people in this world. Its was crowded because of Raya holidays. Found out that some things are cheaper here, some are cheaper in UK. Say, the document holder/rack, it cost like RM20 here but its £8.99 back there. I bought one to bring back UK.


Day 11. 22/9/2009

Went to Menjalara Park to jog. There used to be people who wants to jog with me in summer 2008. This summer, I came to jog alone every now and then. I jog quite often, and it was my training ground before I climbed Mount Kinabalu in August. The people over there always give me a weird look. Either its like, "hey why is he alone?".... or ...  " Come on, a kid like you this age is motivated to jog?"  I think the later makes more sense. I only see young people with athlete outfit jogs here. Where are the others? You can't even run away from a robber man !


Day 12. 23/9/2009


  Took the car to service. (I dont really use "my" because I only drive quarter of its total mileage) Well, my mom was lazy to service it, and the previous one was like 9 months ago???? Its alignment was totally off, ended up the tires all screwed. Changed 2 sets of yokohama tires. The whole service cost RM420 in total.


Day 13 - 15


Oh, now I can see it, I am starting to skip the days that nothing happened. Literally, nothing! I woke up stare at the ceiling, read papers, check mail, eat home cooked food and sleep.

Day 17. 28/9/2009

When I was eating some wan tan noodles at a really old store in a really old town named Kepong, I saw this hello kitty mug. And its not only one, its on every table! Well, it contains pickled chilli, for the noodles. The owner's children must have liked it so much.


Day 18. 29/9/2009

Saw my cousin online and she was back from Melbourne. Straightaway I asked her and her brother out for "Gamer" in midvalley. I recalled that at some point, my summer was so busy with numerous events to attend in a day. How I wish I could split those events and put in these days....


Day 19. 30/9/2009

This picture was taken on the Menjalara park hill top. During secondary times, I used to fly kites here, and even catch grasshoppers. I also used to view the whole Menjalara when I was on top of it. Now realised that lots of new apartments rose since I went to UK.


Day 22. 3/10/2009

Its mooncake festival!  Had some catch up with my old school mates Ai Theng, Hong Yau, and Shi Bin. In the evening, we went to my uncle's house in Bangsar for a little Mooncake dinner. The house is really nice, with a swimming pool. We (cousins) ended up playing Wii in the TV room.


Day 23. 4/10/2009 Sunday

Finally met up with HELP college mates, Keng Yih and Tick Siang; the best buddies in A levels. Our chem lecturer called us the 3 ducklings, noisy and sticked together speaking mandarin and cantonese.


Day 24. 5/10/2009 Monday


Spend the very last few hours in Malaysia assembling a chair from Ikea. Yes, I haven't packed yet. Till then, bye Malaysia, and hello London againnnn.....


Day 25. 6/10/2009 Tuesday

Walking towards the Air Asia Airbus. Air Asia to London is not that bad as many would perceive. It actually have large seats and wider spaces than MAS. Just that, there is no entertainment system, main cure for jetlag !! When you got no movies to watch, you just sleep, there is no reason to get jetlag.


Day 26. 7/10/2009 Wednesday

Our department 3rd year and final year project presentation. Somehow this 2 professors wanna show their photos in same the bath robe....and... the same hotel room...... WTH ????


Day 27. 8/10/2009 Thursday

Went shopping in Ikea London. We bought alot of furnitures. Fortunately, the delivery agreed to give us a ride with our stuffs home! Imagine loads of goods and 5 people in a 7 seater car, thats what you get !!


Day 28. 9/10/2009 Friday

Tsi Ngar, William, Yiew Wen and Hun Sze came to London. Me and Ai Woon host.


Day 29. 10/10/2009 Saturday

As usual, the London tour will be wax museums, china town, oxford street!! Wooo! etc I think the best place for them is still Oxford Street.


Day 30. 11/11/2009 Sunday

Send them back to Nottingham. I am back to start my real term routine.


Day 32. 13/10/2009 Tuesday

First Entrepreneur class. Now I find that I like business modules more than technical subjects. At least it makes more sense than stupid signals, maths and MOS devices.


Day 33. 14/10/2009 Wednesday

Picture took from walking a long 3.5km road to class. Damn all my other 3 housemates have no class today.


Day 34. 15/10/2009 Thursday

Bought a chicken to roast for dinner. And yes ! The lemon is to shove up the chicken ass. Oops... 18 SX. If you are under 18, do not try this recipe at home.



Day 35. 16/10/2009 Friday

Spend my Friday night at TGI Fridays. Celebrated Xin Ying's birthday, she is one of my ex hall mate.


Day 36. 17/10/2009 Saturday

We came out with an idea to work on! So the day was spend on brainstorming. Later that night I found this very huge fly in my room, managed to snap a close up shot.


Day 37. 18/10/2009 Sunday

Carried a huge luggage bag to return to Ai Woon. Melissa tagged along to pay her and Emily a visit. We went to eat Okonomiyaki, a japanese style omelet.


Day 39. 20/10/2009 Tuesday

It was a busy day. Firstly had 2 hours lectures only ... haha. Then straight after, I went futsal with bunch of HK friends. The night ended with a dinner to celebrate Chen Si's birthday.


Day 40. 21/10/2009 Wednesday

Min Ken's bicycle has finally arrived. If you purchase a bike from UK, it is sent to you with parts and pieces. So, we took an afternoon to assemble it before riding off to get groceries. Two days after that, his paddle fell off. ROFL


Day 41. 22/10/2009 Thursday

Today, I changed my personal message to something like :" UK are full of idiots"
Well, you should see the cheque send to us by British Gas, pay --> Mr Seah??


Day 42. 23/10/2009 Friday

Today is Siang Ling's birthday. This is the third week of our term and, we are still having guests all these weekends. Nigel and Esther joined the celebration.


Day 43. 24/10/2009 Saturday

Natural History Museum of London. This is one of the famous visit for London. I stayed opposite this building for my first year, and pass by daily when I go to school. YES!! Today was my first visit to the museum with our guests. Soon, when there are enough guests visiting me in London, I would have cover all the attraction in London, which I always think I will be there "one day" eventually. Come come, visit me more!


Day 44. 25/10/2009


Time for a home cook meal! Fish porridge. This is how I make our fish porridge. Cut thin pieces of fresh
frozen fish meat, cook porridge. When porridge is done, I will add the thin fish slices into the porridge. The meat will be cooked by the heat stored in the porridge. This way, you get sweet, tender and juicy fish meat in your porridge without spoiling your porridge or fish.


Day 45. 26/10/2009 Monday

Formatted my computer. Downloaded CS4 to work on and end up with deadly virus. I hope our project can work on.


Day 46. 27/10/2009 Tuesday

A piece of interesting information I got from watching entrepreneurship class video: According to one US research, for every 10points higher in a women's IQ, the chance of finding a mate is decrease in 10%. Girls, dont be too smart... haha


Day 47. 28/10/2009 Wednesday

This is a small modern art museum called king's place. I went there to watch Xuefei Yang concert tonight. I dont think many people will appreciate classical guitar, but the performance was really good. However, I find the person sitting next to me falling asleep.


Day 50. 31/10/2009 Saturday

Halloween! We didnt celebrate it much, except for a simple dinner last night. Saturday is a busiest day for markets around my area. This is a fish store, they sell all sorts of seafood, very fresh and reasonably cheap.


Day 51. 1/11/2009 Sunday

Sunday night, and I am in college for a project meeting. Well its not actually night yet, but its 5pm on November, so its pitch dark like night. Argh, why do I need to work on Sundays? To be fair, I had a free Friday.


Day 52. 2/11/2009 Monday

Winter is coming! See the large amount of piled up leaves.


Day 53. 3/11/2009 Tuesday

The first task for our year 3 group project is to take 500 pictures of wine bottle labels using iPhone. What a tedious job. It doesnt sound like a project right?


Day 54. 4/11/2009 Wednesday


Tried the crepe in a very famous Crepe shop in South Kensington. It is famous and you need to queue up during peak hours. Well, not too bad I say.


Day 55. 5/11/2009 Thursday

Stephanie found a way to look even more stylish when she forgot her hair rubber band.


Day 56. 6/11/2009 Friday

Preparing a steak dinner and welcoming Ai Woon. Melissa's cutting a pineapple... Looks pretty dangerous.


Day 57. 7/11/2009 Saturday

Went "Marketing". Can you count the number of fruits and vege we've got? Leek, okras, lettuce, banana, avocados, tomato, lemon grass, spring onions, pineapple, clementines, scotch bonnets, shallots, ginger.....


Day 60. 10/11/2009 Tuesday

My bicycle has arrived too. Now we got 4 bikes in the house.


Day 61. 11/11/2009 Wednesday

Its Michael's and Jo Jo's belated birthday. Had an great time eating and singing K in China City, china town.


Day 63. 13/11/2009 Friday

Visited Xin Ying's apartment near St. James Park. Ate okonomiyaki again. I remembered Xin Ying said " What do you think he will look like when he is 60?" She was addressing to Jiun Siang, but I would like to put it here and lets see whether I will read this again when I am 60. Oh the picture was taken in Haagen Dazs desert dine in. Delicious desserts that make you feel happy for few hours.


Day 64. 14/11/2009 Saturday

The girls made us all a homecooked dinner. Fantastic night with 7-8 chinese dishes, great catching and guessing game, and early smash on the birthday Brian.


Day 68. 18/11/2009 Wednesday

Winter is drawing near, it is rare occasion that one could enjoy a sunset view with clear skies like this around this season.


Day 69. 19/11/2009 Thursday

A sick person and an empty bottle of "Pei Pak Kou"


Day 71. 21/11/2009 Saturday

Reunion at Nottingham! Today, Londoners visited Nottingham!


Day 72. 22/11/2009 Sunday

We had a great chit chat mamaking session in Yiew Wen's accomodation kitchen from 3 till dark. Its nice to find out a lot more about our usual hang out gang that is still able to stick together in UK.


Day 75. 25/11/2009 Wednesday


At last, a sunny day which made cycling to class fun!


Day 76. 26/11/2009 Thursday

Made char siew! honey roasted pork.


Day 79. 29/11/2009 Sunday


Gloomy weather with a rainbow.


Day 80. 30/11/2009 Monday

Sunset on white apartments... Part of bicycle ride to college (1)


Day 81. 1/12/2009 Tuesday


They instantly process the chopped trees beside the roads.  Part of bicycle ride to college (2)



Day 82. 2/12/2009 Wednesday

Part of bicycle ride to college (3)



Day 84. 4/12/2009 Friday

Night, night. Most of the time night falls before I return from college.



Day 85. 5/12/2009 Saturday

We bought a multipurpose food processor. This is avocado milkshake! Very yummy.


Day 87. 7/12/2009 Monday


Christmas is near, and that means end of autumn term real soon. Our college put up nice decorations every corner, with really pretty trees.


Day 88. 8/12/2009 Tuesday

Had a meeting with Dr. Bharath (Project supervisor) at 9am, how early! Imagine looking back down after climbing these floors to the supervisor's office.


Day 89. 9/12/2009 Wednesday

Part of bicycle ride to college (4)


Day 90. 10/12/2009 Thursday

Quite surprise to see our neighbour not from next door, but from the next 2 doors send us a Christmas Card!


Day 93. 13/12/2009 Sunday

Was in the college's library from 1pm till 11pm. As a result of Christmas party yesterday, we got to rush for everything.


Day 94. 14/12/2009 Monday

This is a Motorola Milestone, the new Motorola model with Android 2.0 os. And this is what our 3rd project is about! How bout this... it is free for my use now until I complete the project I guess. But yea by that time, I would be bored of this phone already! Hahaha, want to do a 3rd year project like mine?


Day 95. 15/12/2009 Tuesday

Sai Kit's and Nanyi's birthday! All the chinese in the class except for few Singaporeans went to celebrate and sing K. It was hell lot of a crazy night as you can see from the bill I've got here!! We got more than 10 dozens of beer and a freaking high night.


Day 96. 16/12/2009 Wednesday

The crazy party continued to the next morning.. Here we were 4am in the freezing morning eating duck rice at China town with lots of half drunk people.

Part 2 

No comments: