Wednesday 3 February 2010

Modern tuition

A while ago, we sat down at the department's cafe whining about our pathetic life again. It always the topic, our hopeless career future. I mean, what for spending a million worth of money here studying and end up couldn't even get a decent job interview? Sighs...

So whether you believe in the high-tech toilet cleaning business or dreaming to become the next Warren Buffett, you've got to like this idea; Tuition teaching! We have to admit that in this academic results oriented Asia-Pacific region we came from, tuition is a big market. I am not going to discuss about my plans of starting a tuition enterprise here (or if I ever had any), but rather mesmerized by what my hk friends showed me that afternoon...

They said top-notch tuition teachers in Hong Kong can earn up to 10s of millions of hk dollars.

Then they showed me one of the top tuition sites in hong kong. Take a look at their teachers and the webpage below:

Wow... I thought they just got into a TVB website. I mean look at them, they are like tv stars! More shockingly, most of the classes are not conducted in real time.... you pay to go in a room to watch a recorded dvd!!

But the best part is, I like their teachers. The english tutor named Antonia below, she has got to be the prettiest teacher I can ever imagine, she totally a boy's fantasy! Well, too bad that you wouldn't really get to see her even if you attend her classes.. lol



Why don't we have that in Malaysia huh?

3 comments:

DrTofu said...

agree. but then, i think what hk ppl do can't apply to msian. but, what i think that is most interesting is, tuition will be successful if the teacher knows how to talk and translate knowlegde and captivate the students' attention at the same time. This is what most school teachers failed at.

vY said...

Maybe in coming years it can. Changes arent made drastically.
Thats why people are developed and we are developing.

Anonymous said...

hot hot!!
can i go back to school?