Monday 2 November 2009

Pre Halloween

Now I found out that if kids come for trick or treat and you refused to open the door, the trick would be putting in 2 maple leaves into your mail.

Lecture was suddenly canceled last friday, leaving me the whole day free! Since I didnt feel like working or mugging whole day long, I decided to make a dinner and invite my coursemates for mingling session.

Seems like its a pre Halloween night, and so I made a western themed meal. I know its very lame having a "Halloween" doing nothing related to it, we ended up that night playing "killer", was it Kim Hung's favourite game?

Let me show you what I got for that night, I carried like tonnes of food from the local market nearby...


Firstly I got 2 corn fed chickens and of course 2 lemons to shove up their asses! The roast chicken is one of our "signature dish". In fact, the actual use of the lemons are to suck up the smelly juices from the cavity of the chicken, leaving a clean roast chicken. Some people just hate the smelly chicken smell do they?


Mussels! Really fresh mussels from the local fish store. These cost about 5 pounds.



And some greens for the day. On the left is something that looks like coriander, a herb widely used here, namely Parsley. (Why do I spend time explaining these? I doubt my readers know about herbs, besides ginseng, or "I cant think of anything so common anymore", or...... ) If you don't know what is on the ---> right..... erm.... you should knock your head with a hammer! Its a mini tree! You know when you walk in the fantasy land, those trees that will grow... those kind... yea a mini tree!


Next, its time to clean the mussels. Cleaning them is no easy job. They got beard like fibre that is stuck in the shell. And the most disgusting thing is .............


Can you see that there is some white calcium deposit on the shell? It looks like those little things you always see growing on a shell right? Well, examine carefully, you will see that its shaped like a hollow curvy tube. And WORMS live in it!!!



The red earthworm like parasites live on those shells! I pulled out quite some of them. eeew... Do you still wanna eat mussels ? hahaha


After all the cleaning and preparing, its time to cook!
Presenting my final awesome product!




OOps... This was what I ate before cooking for the real dinner, so hungry.


The mussels are cooked with butter, bouquet of garni (ok its just some random herbs), celery, leek and white wine.


Er an obscene dish, but.....

Roast chicken with lemons in the ass!


Some mash potatoes and roast potatoes as carbo source.

Guys, start sharpening your knives today. Cooking can be fun!

5 comments:

KiM said...

haha..my favourite game..

-seokie- said...

nomnomnom.

i would like to try your cooking!

DrTofu said...

hmmm...don't worry, i noe the ingredients' name. hahaha. u shud juz rename ur chicken to sodomy chicken. a tribute to anwar. hahaha. i wonder if he plays this way too. lol...sticking lemons up his aide's asshole. hahahaahahaha. u just put the chicken inside oven to roast it? how long? i hate the chicken smelll...awful. hahaha

vY said...

Haha.. I should name it sodomy chicken. Roast for an hour +. Besides, I stuff chicken stock and thyme into the ass as well. This is knorr's Marco Piere White recipe. You search online.

My cooking so so only, dont think you wanna try

Eh kim hung, ended up with 2 police and 2 killer in the game, who win?

KiM said...

stil can continue play de ma...