Saturday 19 September 2009

The day I got my BT hub.


One fine day when I was in London...

I was told the night before that our new broadband hub will reach the next day.
You know, we are all very excited about getting our new internet connection, claimed to be 20Mbps!

Early in the morning (actually its 10.15am) .... I heard a knock on my house's door.
I was somewhat dreaming, but I didnt know why, that soft slight knock woke me up almost immediately. As I'd told you, my mind was pre-programmed that my hub will reach today.

I popped up straight away, dash down the stairs and worried that the guy would leave. The truth is, those delivery guys do leave very quickly if they don't find you at home. As a result, you would need to pick up your package at the local depot.


And the story continues....

I rushed down, grabbed the door handle, flung open the door, prepared myself to say thank you.....
To my surprise 2 middle age black lady was standing in front of me.

Me on the other hand, so shocked, and was shivering (because cold la! )


Lady: " Good morning."
Me: "..... Good... mourning moorning........"
Lady: " Do you like peace? "

Me: (Yes I LOVE peace! Now could you give me some peace and piss off ? I wanna get some sleep here!!)
       " Well, of course I do."
Lady: " How do you think we can be peaceful? "
Me * scratch head *
Lady: " Have you been reading the bible lately? " * flips open a page of a bible *

Urghhh I knew it!! Another Jesus lesson. You know it wouldnt be nice to chase them away.... what should I do?  pretend that I am one of them.

Me: " Yes, I read it. Just finished a few months ago."
Lady: " No, I am not going to talk about the bible. Will you let me in? "
Me: (what the hell?? For f*ck sake no!! ) " Er, I might need to ask few of my friends, they might be  interested, but they are not in at the moment. "
Lady: " Lovely, can I come back in the morning or afternoon?"
Me: " Unfortunately, we will always be busy in the morning or afternoon, we have lectures everyday. " (muahahaha.)
Lady: " Evening is fine too. "
Me: " err.... we'll see." Giving an extremely tulan look.
Lady: " Meanwhile take this.." * reaches her bag for something *
Me: " Oh.. I've already got a bible, its very kind of you."
Lady: " No, you wouldn't have this. "

* hands over this book to me *


Swt..................speechless......... !@##!%$&(*+_&^!

after a long  -_-''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' face and




I got angry and threw it on the desk of my friend who wouldnt wanna wake up to answer the door.


After 1 hour.....
I heard another knock again. This time it was a loud and quick knock.
But paranoid I was, I walked slowly towards the door to peep. The knock came again, it sounded like the guy couldn't wait to take a dump.

Random guy : " Hello sir can I use your toilet? "

Finally my hub has arrived.
Nice cool hub.


It has the latest wireless N technology. The signal is so strong, I even get a full bar strength 2 floors below the hub.


And it came with a house phone attached.



Why is there a USB port??

No comments: