Thursday 17 September 2009

thelondonpaper

A few days ago while I was in London, I took a long lonely tube ride to Heathrow fetching Chai Earn and friends.

Since I was bored, I randomly picked up one of these to read. (they are always scattered all around in the tube)



Usually, you find alot of people giving out these free papers on the streets but usually I wouldnt take. You know... I am so used of growing up in Malaysia, when stranger approaches you, you just keep saying NO!
No matter what intentions they have.

Eg. "Hey!.!."

(Your mind would only perceive the "Hey!" shout and send out reflexes like Omg another scammer on the streets)
       " No, no no... I am sorry, no time!"
       " You dropped your wallet.... =.=''' " 


Am I correct? Lols that was actually what happened to us in Scotland.


Well, I was so bored and I read almost all parts of the paper. Its full of gossip news and sometimes nice hot pictures !!.


Even upside down...


Until I found this really really interesting page. Normally, it doesnt look very interesting and I would just flipped through thinking its some advertorial page. But that is this corner here that is just so awesome! check it out!!

Its called Lovestruck. Basically, its for flirting with the newspaper. You can send whatever messages you like to whoever random person u happened to meet on the bus, tube,.or restaurants or banks or ... Mars, Jupiter...etc



What's really really interesting and funny, are the messages the people send.




The message above is what I call a typical message. It reads:

" Rosa, the gorgeous dark-haired girl I saw on the Northern line (this is the london overground service line) to Waterloo last week. I missed two trains before speaking with you while you ate your burger. How about that drink? Guy doing sudoku on the tube."

Now I find this really cool :

(Sorry for the weird angles. I was like a weirdo taking pictures of the newspaper)

"To the beautiful dark haired girl waiting outside Mansion House station at 1pm on Tuesday. I caught you checking out my bum when I turned around. Fancy another look some time? Rear of the year "

Wow!! Rear of the year!! Loved this nickname. I wonder if she is a girl. wooshh.


I really like this column until the I read the next fucking message:





 OMG WTF !! 哇特发 !!!!! Gay shits!

Finally this message below freaked me out the most:

" To the cute Asian guy at Kingston, 7am, end of platform on Wednesday. Me: tall, suited and thought you were cute. Drink? PRETTY COOL "

I swear I will not go to Kingston (wherever hell it is)!!!
* Instantly throwing the paper away.*
* Wipe sweat with sleeves *
* Looks around pretty carefully showing middle finger to every guy that try to divert their eyes towards my sight.*
* gaze at chicks*

2 comments:

-seokie- said...

Hehe, we have things like that over here too. It's a free paper anyone can pick up on the street, and there's a section for people taking public transport who eye other people too. That's my favourite part!

vY said...

Oh.. you made good use of that section??