Thursday 10 September 2009

I'm a UCL graduate


" I'm no mug. I'm a UCL graduate "



My 3rd year starts on october, but I am already back here in UK a week ago. Well, I was here for my cousin's graduation at University College London.
I was quite reluctant and regretted that I promised my mom and auntie to guide them to UK so early in September. So I packed late at that night just before I fly. When I opened up my laptop bag...something heavy dropped out.
Oh shit!! Its a bottle of tiger beer I bought for Sungkai Trip 2 weeks ago. I didnt drink it that night. And I've got to hide it. I knew my mom would find it, no matter where. At last I decided to place it here.. the best hideout I found
Yes! It is my bookshelf, the most obvious is sometimes the least noticable.  




Here I am, embarking on a familiar nostalgic road. The road to leave home...

You wouldnt know how hard it is to travel with 3 elderly grown grown ups. They thought UK was a dessert and London was a refugee camp. As a result, the only young person there had a free gym workout.
Look at the amount of luggages...(food, maggi, toiletries...)




On the MAS boeing 747, my mum insisted that I sit with her. Damn.... that means there is no chance to check out some hot stewardess (nah.....are there any?) 
I hate flights, because I cant sleep. Why??
1st. You need to keep an eye on all the stewardess You are always awakened by somebody (apparently some auntie or steward...shit...) to ask you whats your choice of meal. Grrr!!
2nd. Because you paid so much, every meal and every chance they are serving drinks, you would just take. 
3rd. And because you paid them some money, they serve you with alot of drinks and snacks you just couldnt not take.

4th. Still, because you paid for the airticket, you need to watch as much movies as you can.



After hell lots of juices, coffee, tea... Its time to go toilet. And that is what you find in the toilet.
 
Normally you hear the warning: " Smoking is prohibited throughout the flight and smoking in the toilet may set up the fire alarm. "

On the other side of the lavatory you find this:
 
Is this a cigerette sign ? I'm pretty sure it is. So I opened it to check it out.
  
I was thinking... Is it used for what it was build for? Disppose cigarettes?
Or, maybe, when someone accidently, opps... lights up his cigarette, and soon found out,
HOLY SHIT!! I am on a plane's toilet. Then he has got to say.. pheww.... I can throw it away quickly to this safe container! 
Or.. One might need to ring the attendant. " I lit up a cigarette!! What should I do?"
Should we ask him ?
Ok, hell lot of boring crap. Talk about the graduation in UCL, I pitty my cousin, because I dont think it was a grand one. The ceremony was only for economic faculty students.
 
Apparently, if you look at the picture of the tickets... you will see 1 chinese on the left, 1 malay looking in the middle and 1 indian on the right. WTH? Is this really UCL ?
I guess by wearing this proves it is.
 
Outside Logan Hall

Graduates.. 

Some boring majestic brass band (why is it only 3 old people there playing?)

A speech from the head
And then some drinks and some free for all photo sessions. Thats it. Thats all it!!! 3 years of life and RM600,000. That was pretty much it.
Congratulations to my cousin graduated with a first class hons degree from 1 of the best university in the world (thats what the dean said). Luckily to him it was the 3 years without the RM600,000 for a petronas scholar. Well done!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha..eh, im gonna get that mug too! hahahaha..

and u need to tell me about wat movie is available on the plane..i saw knowing and star trek on the pic..not bad..i get to watch soon..

vY said...

Go watch them all !!

Anonymous said...

eh when will u be back? i passed my exam leh, 3 of us go n watch movie together n eat some msia food b4 me n aiwoon go back!

Anonymous said...

im not too sure bout the toilet thingy.. but i can give u an idea of it.
because b747 is an old aircraft, in old times, they used to allow smoking in aircrafts, thats y u can find cigarette container in the plane.
cheers!

vY said...

Angeline: Coming back soon!! Well congrats!!

Aaron: Really??